Aprilaire Model 5000 Electronic Air Cleaner
The Aprilaire Model 5000 Whole-Home Electronic Air Cleaner has been rated #1 three years running by a leading products ratings magazine for some very good reasons: It electronically charges particles and traps them like a magnet better than any other air cleaner - using 72 square feet of Aprilaire-branded filtering media. The Model 5000 is tried, true, and tested - delivering the highest efficiency possible.
Installed by your HVAC professional as part of your central heating and cooling system, the Aprilaire Model 5000 Electronic Air Cleaner can help give you the cleanest, healthiest air in every room of your home.
How Does It Work?
Through patented technology, particles entering the air cleaner pass through a control electrode, which focuses and intensifies an electrical field generated by ionizing wires. The particles are charged in the electrical field and then collected on grounded micro-fiber media. There is no monthly cleaning of collector plates like with other types of electronic air cleaners, in fact, the Model 5000’s media needs to be changed only once a year.
Fact: Home's today are being built or remodeled with more weather stripping, caulking and insulation becoming both tighter and more energy efficient in the process. The problem? More contaminants are becoming trapped inside our homes. The air we breathe indoors can be loaded with pollutants like respirable dust, pet dander, dust mites, mold spores, bacteria, viruses and more that aren't finding their way out through cracks or air leaks in the home. With estimates that a typical person spends 90% of their time indoors and takes up to 20,000 breaths every day - you want to be breathing the cleanest air possible.
- Traps 99% of airborne pollen, mold and spore-sized particles
- Eliminates 98% of airborne bacteria-sized particles
- Removes 94% of respirable dust, dust which the EPA reports can trigger asthma
- Captures 80% of airborne particles the size of tobacco smoke
- Removes up to 80% of airborne virus-sized particles-something no other air cleaner in the industry can do!
- Easy to maintain—the 5000 requires infrequent replacement of filtering media and wiping down of ionizing wires—a process which can be completed in less than 20 minutes
- Unlike competitive electronic air cleaners there is never a need for the frequent and time-consuming cleaning or washing of collector cells
Click HERE for more product details